Monday, February 8, 2016

Enough

Isn't it interesting how one word can mean so many things?  Either by definition or by the words that surround it when it is said.  Even the tone of voice can change the meaning of a word. I was inspired by another post today. It brought me back to thoughts I have had before but are easy to forget.  In our lives we tend to ask for a lot.  Now maybe this causes you to recoil, saying, "Not me."  Well bear with me and read on and ponder on the following.  Here are a few things that I tend to ask the Lord for without adjusting my expectations: 
1. Our (my) daily bread
You see I tend to want the whole buffet or at least a piece of chocolate after the bread, but that is not what Jesus instructs us to pray.  Our daily bread will suffice, it will be enough.
2. Fill my cup
"Lord, please fill my cup!" I have asked this over and over.  When a very wise friend pointed out that in order for my cup to be filled by Jesus I needed to empty it first. You see sometimes I try to fill my own cup with things, whether that be commitments or stuff, it doesn't work.  Plus in order for the Lord to fill my cup with 100% Him, it needs to be empty. An empty cup doesn't always feel good.  Sometimes it hurts and feels well empty, but if you allow God to fill your cup to the top, it will be enough.
Today I am going to send you on a trip instead of a full post I want to share with you this : I get enough. 

These words are enough.  

God Bless ~Jodie Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment